Uinta County Leadership Institute
The Uinta County Leadership Institute will enhance participants’ understanding of community issues, resources, and diversity while building the confidence, skills and commitment of current and future leaders for a stronger community.
- Provide training in leadership concepts and techniques.
- Prepare and motivate participants for greater community involvement.
- Provide an understanding of state and local issues, increase knowledge of industries, organizations and agencies and their relationship to each other.
- Build and improve relationships between people and across all sectors of Uinta County.
The Uinta County Leadership Institute will provide both educational and participatory experiences. The Institute consists of nine full-day sessions and a graduation dinner. The full-day sessions will be held on the second Wednesday of the month, September through May. Sessions will rotate between communities in Uinta County and will include formal training by qualified faculty.
Uinta County Leadership Institute is open to emerging and established leaders who wish to increase their leadership skills, knowledge and participation in the community. Tuition is $299 which includes instruction, materials and meals. Partial and full-time scholarships available. Participants must provide their own transportation. Attendance is required for the first session and is expected at all other sessions. Participants absent from more than one session will not graduate. Class size will be limited to 25 participants. Selection of participants will be based on criteria specified on the application form.
Topics to be covered include:
- Working Effectively with Others
- Community Awareness
- Conflict Resolution
- Board & Meeting Skills
- Individual Leadership Assessment
- Ethics, Diversity & Motivation
View complete brochure
Hurry and request an application form today!
Deadline for application submission is August 17, 2015
Classes start September 9, 2015