Our role within the county government system is to work toward improving and ensuring the health of the citizens of Uinta County.
Who we are and what we do:
Our Vision is a Healthy Uinta County; Contact Us:
We work toward this vision through our four-fold Mission:
- Prevent Disease & Injury
- Promote Healthy Lifestyles
- Protect Community Health
- Prepare for Emergencies & Threats
This mission breaks down into 8 services or programs, which comprise what we actually do in and for the community:
- Communicable Disease—Immunizations, TB screening and follow-up, HIV/STD testing and case management, Infectious Disease investigation and follow up.
- Maternal & Child Health—Programs to help families have healthy pregnancy outcomes, healthy babies and kids, and support healthy development to give our children the best possible start in life.
- Chronic Disease—Wellness programs and education to help people stay healthy, and support for those with chronic disease conditions.
- Community Health Assessment & Planning—With other county agencies, we work to identify barriers to health and wellbeing and plan to overcome these obstacles for all community members.
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness—Preparation to respond to bioterrorism, exposure to infectious agents, and other public health emergencies.
- LT-101's—Assessments of client functional level for Medicaid waiver.
- Education & Outreach—Getting information out about health, health-risks, and access to healthcare is a part of all public health does.
- Environmental Health—In cooperation with other county agencies, we strive to identify & investigate possible health hazards, and provide referrals, support and education.