Tax Refund For Elderly & Disabled Program
Tax Refund For
Elderly & Disabled
460 Hathaway Building
Cheyenne, Wy 82002
Toll Free Number
Web page: http://www.health.wyo.gov/main/tred.html
For a complete copy of the program
rules and regulations, please send an
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping Wyoming citizens one
refund at a time
CURRENT PROPERTY TAX
PROGRAMS IN WYOMING
VETERAN'S PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION
Property tax exemption available to a qualifying veteran or his or her surviving spouse.
Applications:Local County Assessor
PROPERTY TAX REFUND PROGRAM
Application forms are available from:
Your Local County Treasurer
Wyoming Department of Revenue
122 W. 25th St, 2 West
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002-0110.
PROPERTY TAX DEFERRAL PROGRAM
Currently only available in Teton County.
A program to defer (not refund or credit) property taxes on a qualifying residence.
Applications: Local County Assessor
Everyday bills and other expenses can sure add up. Many older and disables Wyoming residents could use a little extra financial help. Administered by the Wyoming Department of Health, the tax Refund for Elderly & Disabled program provides an allowance to help cover sales and use taxes, and utility and energy costs to qualified residents.
Public notice of this program is made though paid newspaper advertising, direct mail to previous applicants, outreach to senior centers and news releases around the state.
Applications can be picked up from local senior centers from June 01, thru the last working day in August.
To receive a refund, qualified residents must submit a new application each year.
Those eligible by statue for this program are individuals who are 65 years of age or older or 18 years of age or older and totally (100 Percent) disabled. Income for these individuals must be less than $17,500 per year if single or $28,500 per year if married. Residency for 12 months prior to the date of application.
For a qualified single individual, the amount of refund varies between $250 and up to $800. Income of $10,000 and below entitles the individuals to the full refund established by the program. The refund is prorated for incomes between $10,000 and $17,500.
For married couple, the amount of refund varies between $216 and up to $900. Income of $16,000 and below entitles the individuals to the full refund established by the program. The refund is prorated for incomes between $16,000 and $28,500.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES
* There are three types of applicant; joint, single or joint with deceased spouse only if a spouse died during 2014 or 2015.
* Qualified applicants must be age 65 or over or totally disabled (100 percent) for at least one full year prior to the application date.
* Total household assets must not exceed $30,279.00 per adult household member, per W.S. 39-11-1109 (c)vii.
* Refunds shall be reduced by the dollar amount received from any veteran's exemption under W. S. 39-13-105, or any property tax refund under W.S. 39-11-109 (c)(iii).
* Due to medical privacy laws we will not ask for your social security number, Instead, we will ask for the form number imprinted on applications in the upper right hand corner the starts with "14," or your last and first name.
Total Number of Records for Income Year 2013
|AGE 65 OR OVER||2649||45.36%||552.56|
| JOINT WITH DECEASED
Fiscal Year 2014 Sources of Revenue to Wyoming's General Fund
Sales and Use Tax
All other sources