A firefighter employed by a city, county, state or duly created fire protection district, a volunteer firefighter retired from his department with at least ten (10) years of service may apply for Firefighter Plates through the department.
- Application for license plates will be made annually to the county treasurer office.
- A written statement of eligibility, preferably on fire district/department letterhead, signed by the fire chief or designated assistant, shall be presented to the county treasurer before a license plate may be issued.
- A written statement of eligibility for a retired firefighter shall be signed only by the fire chief.
- The approved application, accompanied by a $30 fee made payable to WYDOT, must be remitted to the address at the top of the application.
- Plates will be issued in consecutive order and forwarded to the county treasurer's office.
- Current plates must be surrendered to the treasurer's office upon issuance of the Firefighter Plates.