1. Where can I pick up an application for a concealed firearm permit, or an application to renew my existing Wyoming permit?
Applications for new permits or to renew a permit can only be obtained through the Sheriff’s Office. Applications are available at the Sheriff’s Offices in Evanston and Mountain View.
2. How much does it cost to obtain a new permit, or to renew my existing permit?
The cost for a new permit is $74.00. Bring a cashier’s check or money order payable to Wyoming Attorney General Office for $64.00, as well as apersonal check, cash, cashier’s check, or money order payable to Uinta County Sheriff’s Office for $10.00.
The cost to renew your existing permit is $50.00. Bring a cashier’s check or money order payable to Wyoming Attorney General Office for $45.00, as well as apersonal check, cash, cashier’s check, or money order payable to Uinta County Sheriff’s Office for $5.00.
If permits are renewed after the expiration date shown on the card, it will cost an additional $10.00, a total of $60.00 to renew your permit.
3. How long is my permit good for?.
Concealed Firearm Permits are good for five (5) years.
4. What documents do I need to provide when applying for a Concealed Firearm Permit?
In order to apply for a new permit, you must provide the Sheriff’s Office with a copy of your Hunter Safety Card, DA-214 from the military, or other proof of firearms proficiency provided by the National Rifle Association or any Wyoming Certified Firearms Instructor.
5. Do I have to be fingerprinted when applying for a Concealed Firearm Permit?
Yes. Depending on the availability of the Detention Officers who are on-duty, fingerprinting can be done at the Uinta County Sheriff's Office about any time of the day. If you wish to make an appointment, please call 307-783-1020.