Click to Home

Go To Search
Uinta County Courthouse
225 9th St.
Evanston, WY 82930-3415
Ph: (307) 783-0301
Bridger Valley:
(307) 782-7432
Documents Required to Title All Vehicles
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Verification
  • A law enforcement officer in another state can perform a VIN inspection by using the Wyoming Out-of-State VIN Inspection Form.
  • An Affidavit of Inspection and Certification of Correct VIN Numbers is part of the Application for Title.
  • Inspections can be performed by any Wyoming law officer – Evanston, Mt. View and Lyman Police or County Sheriff. If the inspection is conducted by city or town police, bring the receipt for the $10.00 fee. If conducted by the Sheriff, the fee will be collected at the courthouse. Wyoming auto dealers perform inspections on their own vehicles, but out-of-state dealers cannot, so a separate inspection is required on vehicles purchased for anyone other than a Wyoming auto dealer.

Odometer Disclosure Statement (For Vehicles Less Than 11 Years Old)
The Odometer Disclosure Statement must conform to federal requirements and include the following: “I hereby state that the odometer now reads ______ (no tenths) and to the best of my knowledge reflects the actual mileage of the vehicle.”
  • Statement may be a separate document or may be a part of the MSO or previous title.
  • Statement must be properly completed and signed by both the buyer and the seller.

Proper Identification

You should always bring photo identification when conducting transactions in the courthouse.

Proof of Wyoming Residency

If there’s a question, we’ll need two documents showing your name and street address. We can accept such things as driver's license with street address, rent receipts, utility receipts, mail received by you at a street address, checking account, pay stubs from local employer showing your name and date.

Payment of Sales Tax within 50 days of purchase date
You must pay Uinta County’s 5% sales tax to the County Treasurer before a title can be issued. Penalties and interest will be assessed for late payment of sales tax. If you are unable to obtain your title within the 50 days, contact the Treasurer to arrange sales tax payment to avoid penalty.

Proof of Insurance
County Treasurer requires proof of insurance before issuing license plates.