Click to Home

Go To Search
Uinta County Courthouse
225 9th St.
Evanston, WY 82930-3415
Ph: (307) 783-0301
Bridger Valley:
(307) 782-7432
Documents for New Vehicles
Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) to Wyoming Title
Auto dealers will usually forward your paperwork to the County Clerk or to your lender. Sometimes you will sign all required documents at the dealership and only need to pay sales tax and obtain registration and plates from the Treasurer. Before your permit expires, call us to see if we’ve received all the needed paperwork for your title.

If you are bringing the paperwork to our office, you’ll need the following documents:
  • Dealer’s Invoice and Affidavit of Vehicle Valuation - These are used by the Treasurer’s Office to calculate sales tax and registration and to issue license plates.
  • Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) - The Dealer will reassign the vehicle to the new owner on the MSO. The Dealer Reassignment must be notarized in Wyoming and other states which require it, but notarization is not required in Utah, Idaho and some other states.
  • Security Agreement if Vehicle is Financed - Signed loan agreement papers. There will be a $10 fee to file the loan on the title.
  • Wyoming Sales / Use Tax Form - Completed by Wyoming dealers. Out of state dealers may not provide this form.