Click to Home

Go To Search
Uinta County Courthouse
225 9th St.
Evanston, WY 82930-3415
Ph: (307) 783-0301
Bridger Valley:
(307) 782-7432
New Plates
What to do when licensing a vehicle or getting plates for the first time in Wyoming.

Trailers • Military Plates • Military Emblems • 
Prestige Plates/Radio Amateur PlatesHandicapped Plates/Placards

Registration Renewal

To renew you will need:

Wyoming plates and registration are renewed annually. Plates expire the last day of the expiration month. There is no grace period on plate expiration.

  • Prior registration, renewal postcard or plate number

  • Proof of insurance (proof of insurance must be carried in vehicle at all times)



Purchase from Dealer

To register a vehicle purchased from a dealer:


  • Wyoming title in purchasers name
  • Proof of insurance
  • Dealer invoice or purchase contract
  • Payment of sales & use tax (see sales tax section)



Purchase from Private Party

To register a privately purchased vehicle:

Vehicles purchased from a private party can be driven on the title issued in the purchases name for (30) days from the date of purchase. After (30) days have expired, registration and plates are required to drive the vehicle. If the Seller's bank holds the title, you can drive on a notarized bill of sale for 45 days from the date of purchase.

  • Wyoming title in the purchaser’s name

  • Proof of insurance

  • Payment of sales & use tax (see sales tax section)




Temporary Registration


Upon payment of applicable fees and sales tax, the county treasurer’s office can issue one (1) 30,60 or 90 day temporary registration for the following purposes:

  • A non-resident temporarily employed in WY. Non-residents must furnish a current out of state registration and proof of insurance.

  • A newly acquired vehicle. Purchaser must provide a current registration or copy of non-properly executed title indicating proof of seller having ownership, a notarized bill of sale and proof of insurance



Leased Vehicle Registration

To register a newly leased vehicle:


  • A Wyoming title in the lease company's name
  • Proof of Insurance
  • A Wyoming sales tax statement or a copy of the lease specifying:
    • Dealer Sales tax license number
    • Percentage of sales tax being collected
    • Make & Year of vehicle
    • Vehicle Identification Number



Trailer Registration

To register a trailer under 1000 pounds:

All trailers are exempt the proof of insurance requirement for registration. Starting January 1, 2010 all trailers need to have a Wyoming title to be registered and a certified weight slip

  • Weight certificate
  • Wyoming title

To register a trailer over 1000 pounds:

  • Weight certificate
  • Wyoming title

Back to Top





Military Distinctive Plates

Available plates to qualified applicants:

Application must be submitted to county treasurer where eligibility is determined. Approved application will be forwarded to the Department of Transportation who will assign plate numbers and send to the county treasurer. Allow four to six weeks for processing.


Back to Top





Military Service Emblems

Available emblems to qualified applicants:

Military Service Emblems to place on numbered plates are $11.50 per set for a vehicle, and $11.00 per set for a motorcycle.

Applications are available in the county treasurer’s office and must be submitted to Wyoming Veterans Affairs Commission. Veteran’s discharge or document showing proof of service is required.

  • World War II
  • Korean War
  • Vietnam War
  • Desert Storm

Back to Top





Prestige Plates / Amateur Radio Plates

Prestige and Amateur Radio plates are $30.00 per set.  Applications are available at the county treasurer’s office, or click the link below to apply online. Completed application along with the fees must be submitted to the Wyoming Department of Transportation.


Back to Top


Handicapped Plates/Placards

To obtain a handicapped plate/placard, you will need:

 Application from Treasurer’s Office, signed by applicant’s physician. The application is submitted to the Wyoming Driver’s License Division authorizing the County Treasurer to issue a license plate. The placards are issued from the Driver’s License Division


Back to Top