Child Support Payments

Making Payments

Child support payments, which have been ordered by this Court, should be paid through this office. If mailing in your payments, send to:

Clerk of District Court
PO Box 1906
Evanston WY 82931-1906

Include your name, your civil case number and your POSSE number, if you have it. Do not mail cash. We generally accept personal checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, and cash, though we reserve the right to refuse a payment if we question its validity and authenticity.

Court Garnishments

If you or your employer has received a letter from The Wyoming Department of Family Services stating that all payments should be made to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) in Cheyenne, review your court orders.

If your court order (i.e. Divorce Decree, Judgment of Paternity and/or Support, Income Withholding Order, or a modification of any of the above) states that you are to make your payments to the Clerk of Court, then you may continue to make payments to this office.

If you prefer, you may mail them to the SDU. We are on the same computerized child support system so that either the Court or the State will have knowledge of your payments.