- Uinta County
- Public Health
- Disaster Preparedness
- Emergency Supply Kit
Emergency Supply Kit
Keep your kit in an easy to reach location and easy to carry container.
Three days supply of non-perishable food for each person. Examples: canned foods, including meats, fruits, vegetables, juices, soup, and milk. Also sugar, salt, pepper, peanut butter, jelly, crackers, granola bars, and trail mix. Vitamins and special foods for infants, and elderly persons. Comfort/stress foods: cookies, hard candy, sweetened cereals, lollipops, beverage mixes.
Three days supply of water (one gallon per person per day).
First Aid Kit- pack for your family and plan for neighbors to use it too.....
- Prescription drugs and extra pair of glasses.
- Gauze pads (10) 3”X 3”
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Wrap gauze rolls 4”
- Band aids
- Paper tape ¾” X 288”
- Nonstick pads (10) 2”X3”
- Instant cold pack (2)
- Instant hand sanitizer
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Household fire extinguisher
- Lighter or waterproof matches
Clothing and Bedding
One change of clothing and footwear per person, blanket or sleeping bag per person.
Toilet paper, soap, plastic garbage bags with ties, sanitary napkins, diapers for infants, shovel.
- Battery powered AM/FM radio
- Batteries (stored out of the equipment to be used, check expiration dates)
- Extra set of car keys
- Credit card, cash, or travelers checks
- Important family document copies (in a waterproof container) i.e., list of medications, MD contact information, passports, current photo of family members, activities for children, etc.
- Pregnancy and infant feeding information