Staff at UCPH partner with our area physicians to help you with wellness concerns you may be having. We provide Diabetes Education, Weight Loss Tips, Healthy Eating and more. Did you know that persons of all sizes can be healthier just by being more active and choosing healthy foods?
For instance, maintaining a healthy weight is one of the best things you can do for your body. Losing just 10-29 pounds can have a big impact on your overall health!
Want to be healthier?
Call for an appointment to see a Registered Nurse who can help you with your concerns today. Some of the topics we can cover are:
- Weight Loss
- Exercise Tips
- Healthy Eating Information
- Diabetes Information
- Risk Reduction for Heart Disease & Cancer
We can tailor a plan for individuals, children, and families. We ask for a $20 donation to help cover supplies (pedometer, notebooks, etc). Persons unable to pay will not be turned away. All information is kept confidential.
Let us help you - call today 789-9203 x 201 or 787-3800 in the Bridger Valley
Links for more information:
Wellness during Pregnancy Kids Teens Healthy Seniors
Diabetes - Gestational Diabetes
ChooseMyPlate.gov Nutrition Information
Activity in all you do
Makehealthy food choices. Grab a healthy snack such as fruit, nuts, or low-fat cheese.
Wyoming Resident's Prescription Assistance
Healthy eating styles are based on choosing foods that contain vitamins, minerals, fiber, and other healthful nutrients or ingredients and choosing the amount of calories you need to maintain a healthy weight. The most nutritious or nutrient-dense foods include vegetables, fruits, whole grains, seafood, eggs, beans and peas, unsalted nuts and seeds, fat-free and low-fat dairy products, and lean meats and poultry – all with little or no saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars.
KEEP TRACK WITH MYPLATE TOOLS
MyPlate offers tools to help you better understand the variety, amount, and nutrition of the foods and beverages you choose. Select an option that meets your personal goals and learn more about what and how much you need.
- MyPlate Daily Checklists (formerly called Daily Food Plans) can help you make healthy choices from all five food groups healthfully. Use the checklist to track what and how much you eat from each food group. The MyPlate Daily Checklist can help you understand what and how much you need in a day.
- Create a SuperTracker profile to help you plan, analyze, and track your diet and physical activity. With SuperTracker, you can compare foods, create a personal plan, make a list of your favorite food combinations, and build teams to challenge others.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator will help you to check your weight status (normal weight, underweight, overweight, or obese). This tool is designed for adults and can help you make personal decisions about how to reach your goals.
Use the MyPlate Tools to create a healthier eating style. Everyone is different and using the Tools can help you make the best choices for you.