- Uinta County
- Planning & Development
- Geographic Information Systems
Geographic Information Systems
The Geographic Information Systems division supports the Uinta County Citizens and government in their needs for information and decision making tools through the use of intelligent mapping software. The division creates and uses information such as Assessor data, road maintenance activities, zoning, and aerial photos to present maps for County related activities.
It is possible to connect existing county data to map features so that questions similar to "what addresses are within 500 feet of the proposed liquor license?" or "where in the county are the stop signs rated in poor condition?" or "what is the zoning in this area?" can be asked and displayed.
GIS apps are computer-based tools that allow the user to create interactive queries (user-created searches), store and edit spatial and non-spatial data, analyze spatial information output, and visually share the results of these operations by presenting them as maps.
Geographic information systems are utilized in multiple technologies, processes, techniques and methods. They are attached to various operations and numerous applications, that relate to: engineering, planning, management, transport/logistics, insurance, telecommunications, and business. For this reason, GIS and location intelligence applications are at the foundation of location-enabled services, that rely on geographic analysis and visualization.
- GIS Data Portal
- Wyoming Geospatial Hub - A Discovery and Delivery portal for Wyoming data.
- NACo County Explorer - National Association of Counties - Mapping County Data. Explore compare and learn about counties in the U.S.
- Wyoming Risk Map Newsletter - Spring 2021
GIS is best when you can interact with the layers and the data. Here are a few local and statewide interactive GIS apps.
- Greenwood Maps - Interactive Map for Uinta County
- WyGISC - Wyoming Geographic Information Science Center
- Wyoming Geospatial Hub - A Discovery and Delivery portal for Wyoming data
- Wyoming Statewide Parcel Viewer - Property Ownership in the State of Wyoming
- Natural Resource and Energy Explorer - Wyoming's natural, cultural, socioeconomic, and infrastructure resources.
- Old Map Collection Online - Discover the Cartography of the Past